Check out all our housing reviews from 2013 to learn more about other Barnard residential halls. For reviews on buildings that haven’t been published yet, check out our reviews from 2012.
Find out what rooms are still available.
Corridor-style, mostly singles with four doubles per floor. There are two 12-person clusters per floor that share the lounge, but each comes with its own bathroom and kitchen. Singles are tiny; they’re not terrible, but there’s little room to move around. Each room contains a bed, desk, chair, and built-in wardrobe with dressers, a shelf, and a fridge alcove.
Shared hall-style with two showers, two toilets, and three sinks. There’s generally no problem getting a shower, and the bathrooms are cleaned regularly.
The kitchen has a sink, and electric oven and stove. There is also pantry space in the hallway by the kitchen. It’s small, but gets cleaned regularly.
Prices (updated for the 2013-2014 academic year)
Single: $9,800 for the academic year/$4,900 for one semester
Double: $8,450 for the academic year/$4,225 for one semester
Minimal Meal Plan: $300 per semester
|This schnazzy 21″ x 26″ x 23″
refrigerator alcove could be yours!
• Close to campus (just across Claremont from the gate at 119th)
• Especially close to Altschul (Science majors, you feelin’ me?)
• Two kitchens per floor
• Nice, large lounge with TV on each floor
• Career development and the babysitting and bartending offices are located on the second floor
• Computer lab on the first floor
• Small rooms
• Thin walls
• Narrow hallways
• Can be pretty isolating
• Closed for winter break
• Very few rooms with good views. Any that do are mostly on the west side of the building
• The rooms on Claremont and 119th have the most light, but the ones facing the courtyard aren’t bad.
• A mini fridge is necessary if you want to cook, as the kitchen doesn’t have one.
• Avoid getting a double, some are smaller than they appear on the floorplan
• Good choice for people who don’t cook a lot and really want a single
Images courtesy of Barnard Residential Life.