Find out what’s still available.
Corridor-style, mostly singles with four doubles per floor. There are two 12-person clusters per floor that share the lounge, but each comes with its own bathroom and kitchen. Singles are tiny; they’re not terrible, but there’s little room to move around. Each room contains a bed, desk, chair, and built-in wardrobe with dressers, a shelf, and a fridge alcove.
Shared hall-style with two showers, two toilets, and three sinks. There’s generally no problem getting a shower, and the bathrooms are cleaned regularly.
The kitchen has a sink, and electric oven and stove. There is also pantry space in the hallway by the kitchen. It’s small, but gets cleaned regularly.
Minimal Meal Plan: $300 per semester
- Close to campus (just across Claremont from the gate at 119th)
- Two kitchens per floor
- Nice, large lounge with TV on each floor
- Career development and the babysitting and bartending offices are located on the second floor
- Small rooms
- Thin walls
- Narrow hallways
- Can be pretty isolating
- Closed for winter break
- The rooms on Claremont and 119th have the most light, but the ones facing the courtyard aren’t bad.
- A mini fridge is necessary if you want to cook, as the kitchen doesn’t have one.
- Avoid getting a double, some are smaller than they appear on the floorplan
Image via Barnard ResLife