The Nine Ways of Knowing plans to cover all the Barnard dorms during the upcoming days, so keep checking back! If you have something to add, feel free to add a comment or fill out our housing survey.
Find out what’s still available.
Minimal Meal Plan: $300 per semester
- Super close to campus (waking up 5 minutes before every class is a definite possibility)
- Privacy and quiet halls
- AC and adjustable heating
- One RA for every four floors
- Really close to the gym and Quad computer labs and practice rooms
- Wireless internet (Barnard Secure and Barnard Guest… albeit, sporadically)
- Views are great from virtually anywhere in Sulz Tower. Claremont (West) side features sunsets, and 116th (South) features New York landmarks (empire state building, etc.)
- Can be isolating
- You have to share elevators with the Quad, which can be trying during peak hours
- You’re living in the same building as freshmen
- Closet space is limited (armoire)
- Nearest laundry machines are on the 8th floor of the Quad
- Block with friends and, ideally, take up a whole suite. Like corridor-style singles anywhere on campus, people that don’t know each other on any floor are likely to keep to themselves.
- 9A2 and 10A2 are the biggest singles in Sulz Tower. 9B6, 10B6, 9A1 and 10A1 are also slightly bigger than average.
- The doubles on the 9th and 10th floor are significantly larger.
- Singles facing North (toward Barnard Hall) are slightly more narrow.