By Lindsay Garten
Tomorrow, September 9, 2011, there will be a career fair from 11:00AM-3:00PM in LeFrak Gymnasium (1st floor of Barnard Hall). In order to attend the fair you must register here. There will be over 100 employers who will be attending the fair, to see the list click here.
If you would like more tips the career center has provided them here.
Purnima Taylor, the Program Director for Employer Relations & Campus Recruitment, states that the purpose of the Career Fair is three-fold: To introduce qualified student applicants with prospective employers, to serve as a networking tool among student candidates and employers, and to serve as an informational opportunity for students to gather information about potential career possibilities.
What should students do to prepare for the Career Fair?
- Bringing a professional resume, copied on high quality paper
- Wearing professional business attire
- Preparing a 30 second professional pitch
- Review the list of companies attending
- Researching the companies you’re interested in meeting
Lindsay is Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Nine Ways of Knowing. She is a junior at Barnard College.